Saturday, October 3, 2015

Fall Is Delayed A Few Days

Fall in North Carolina is something to behold. The late days of September and most of October usher in a carpet of radiant color everywhere you look. Nowhere more than in our High Country mountains. The colors aren't just vivid they're down right blazing.

Most of you are experiencing the heavy rains from Hurricane Joaquin and from where I'm sitting, it's the topic of conversation in our parts as well. We need the rain for sure but after 9 days I'm ready to hang up the raincoat and grab the camera. I was able to get out a bit just before the dam broke and catch these few images. The weatherman says we're going to see some pretty nice forecasts in the very near future so I'm gearing up to catch up with my fall photography here in the High Country.

I'm pleased with the results of my photographic trek in one way but really don't feel like pixels capture the true radiance. My home office has beautiful views of our mountains and it's windows are only three feet away from me so I'm forever comparing the image on my computer screen with the reality I'm so fortunate to be a part of.

Plan on coming up for a few days or a lifetime. We've got plenty of NC mountain cabins waiting for you and your family.

October is really the best time to experience the beauty of our fall foliage. I hope you do carve out some time to take the short drive up to see us and let the mountains of North Carolina show you why the High Country is the place to be this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment